Conference participants may need a Chinese VISA to enter China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese VISA. Participants can apply for a VISA at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a VISA as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese VISA at least 1 month in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") VISA; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist VISA.
* For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the ERMI 2020 local arrangement committee will be glad to help. To obtain an invitation letter, please send e-mail to email@example.com, together with your registration, and in the case of being an author, your accepted paper ID. The Conference Secretariat will then send a formal visa application form via airmail or fax with which the participants can apply for a visa.
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your VISA.
3. Please note ERMI Conference and the conference organizing committees are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ERMI Conferences and conference Committee Board. If your application is denied, ERMI Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ERMI Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.